Doreen is holding a Grand Christmas Sale this coming Saturday (2nd of November).
There will be a wide range of Christmas gifts, baskets, Christmas Cakes and Puddings, pickles, chutneys and home-made jams. There is also a Grand Christmas draw
All money is being raised for the Hampshire and IOW air ambulance
We will be holding our annual Christmas Tree festival this year starting on Saturday the 7th of December. The festival runs every day up until the 26th of December between 9.00am till 4.00pm.
In the evening we also have wonderful Melody Makers Choir will be singing for us starting at 7pm.
There is a small £5 on the door charge.
Further details will be announced shortly.
We’re holding a Christmas Fayre at the Good Shepherd to start the season off (Advent starts the following day). So come early to bag yourselves some christmas treats and bargains.
There will be a mixture of toiletries, gifts, jewellery, accessories, baked goods and bric-a-brac. Also you can take a chance on the tombola and raffle.
The Fawley Events Committee are holding fundraising quiz night, at Jubilee Hall on Friday the 27th of September from 7pm.
This is to raise funds for the Fawley Winter Wonderland which will be held on the 7th of December in the village.
Teams are limited to six people. There will be refreshments (though bring your own alcohol) and a raffle – so even if the quiz stumps you, the you could still walk away with a prize.
Please note that this is not a church event.
A Meeting of Parishioners is to be held on at 7.30pm on Thursday 3rd January at All Saints’ to elect two new Churchwardens.
Nomination forms are available at each of the Churches. Please return to Tracy. (Refreshments will be available at 7.00pm).
Details about the duties of a churchwarden can be found below.
An outline of the role of Churchwarden
- When the archdeacon admits you as a churchwarden, he is formally appointing you to this office on behalf of the Bishop. The Bishop may want to consult with you about the parish during the year.
- The office of churchwarden holds ownership on trust of all the movable assets of the church, and they are to be held and used to pursue the mission of the Church. A record of such items is to be kept i.e., the inventory·
- A support for the priest-in charge. Clergy look to their churchwardens to be dependable colleagues and supportive in their shared responsibility for the life of the parish
- They are to ensure that an inspection is made of the church each year and to make a report on the fabric and contents to the PCC once each year i.e., presenting the terrier and inventory with a report·
- They are to maintain order in the church and churchyard, most especially during times of services, and to ensure that the church is ready for worship.
- They have the duty of providing seats for parishioners· They are to collaborate with the bishop in the running of a parish during vacancy·.
- They are the principle representatives of the laity of the parish and should be foremost in furthering its mission of the church and collaborating to that end with clergy and laity.
- Lay people will often follow the example and lead of their churchwardens both in the PCC and more generally in the parish. They will sometimes come to a churchwarden with their concerns about the church. A churchwarden’s wisdom and common sense are great assets for a church.
The Christmas Tree Festival is open from 9.00am – 3.00pm each day until 27th December.
Some trees are to be sold off by a silent auction. Bidding slips are available by each tree being sold, and should be placed into the box on the counter.
Bidding will finish at 3.00pm on Monday 17th December
Please come and join us for the Parish Christingle service at All Saints’ Fawley church.
Now in its 50th year, Christingle is a special, memorable celebration that takes place in thousands of churches across the country
Because Christingle was specifically created with children in mind, the celebrations are the perfect event for children and families and can be enjoyed by people of all ages – especially if they don’t regularly attend church.