Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy Statement
The Parish of Fawley regards Safeguarding children and Vulnerable Adults and good working practice as a priority.
In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people and vulnerable adults, it has developed and operates a Safeguarding and Protection Policy for both Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The churches are committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people, and vulnerable adults:
- have undergone a criminal records bureau check at enhanced level,
- are adequately trained and supervised,
- understand and follow the Church’s Protection/Safeguarding Policy.
As part of the commitment of all the churches’ to children and young people and vulnerable adults it has appointed Mrs Mary Hurst as Child and Vulnerable Adults protection/Safeguarding Officer. All people involved in activities within the church know who she is and how she can be contacted.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Director for Social Responsibility –at Old Aylesford Place Winchester/Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities?\r\n
- exercise care in the appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults in the church, working to ‘Safe from Harm’ principles.
- be committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines.
- seek support for all those affected by abuse.
- be committed to supporting and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
- review both the Child and Vulnerable Adults protection and Safeguarding policies annually and amend accordingly
Both policies may be viewed at any of the three main churches:
All Saints Church – Marsh Lane, Farley, Southampton.
The Good Shepherd – Roewood Road, Holbury, Southampton.
Saint Francis Church – West Common, Langley, Southampton.
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS FOR IN RELATION TO ANY PROTECTION/SAFEGUARDING MATTER, THEN PLEASE SPEAK TO THE CHILD AND VULNERABLE SAFEGUARDING OFFICER.
Mrs Mary Hurst
Parish Safeguarding Officer