Promoting a Safer Church: The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. As a parish we adhere to the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults.
A list of documents concerning Safeguarding in the church:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned: that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Hampshire County Council Social Services:
Children and Young People:
0300 555 1386
0300 555 1384
*Out of Hours Service*
If you need immediate advice or help on Monday to Friday 6pm – 8am or on weekend and Bank Holidays 0300 555 1373
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
Samaritans: 116 123
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Childline: 0800 1111
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141